Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas In Norway

Today (24th) is Christmas day in Norway and we started off the day pretty slow. I woke up around 10 even though my jet lag could've let me sleep another seven hours. I checked outside hoping to see snow but. no. There's still just ice and rain. It wasn't exactly perfect weather for picture taking but I had to hurry if I was going to have any natural light; it gets dark here at around 3 making it really hard not to fall asleep on the couch. But Christmas in Norway is absolutely beautiful. All the traditions including food, carols, and even television programs make this holiday memorable each time I'm here. In a few hours we will all sit down at the table, eat whatever delicious food my grandma has spent all day making, and enjoy the company we have grown to love over the years. 

Then of course. Presents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment