Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day in the Graves

So why were Katinka and Charles, who was kind enough to take pictures of me after I awkwardly and forcibly told him to do so, at a cemetery today? Cause we felt like it. That's why. Walking around a cemetery was actually a calming and peaceful experience. I can understand the initial feeling of unease when thinking of graves and dead people, but once you realize all these people were alive and once had stories and families and problems, it gives you a sense of ease and comfort. Why is death so sad? Why can't we celebrate it like people do in Mexico on Dia de los Muertos? When my grandfather and two weeks later my grandmother died, happiness was the last thing on my mind. Then if it's so sad, why do many people say things that makes death seem so insignificant like, "I just want to die" or "I'm gonna kill myself" to getting a 63 on an English test? It's questions like these you get stuck in your head when you're at a cemetery 4 o'clock on a Sunday when you really should be studying for a terrifying government test the next day. So if you find peace in things people think are creepy and want to find a reason to not study for a couple of hours then I suggest you go to Glenwood Cemetery. Promotion? I think yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment