Sunday, August 3, 2014

Ghost Town

This is my favorite little part of Kongsberg ever since I was little and didn't understand that it was actually a super lame place to hang out. It's a basically a culture center for the ten tourists who stop by Kongsberg on their trip through Norway. The little buildings are set up as old schools, ice cream shops, candy bars, and telephone operator rooms, but it's closed every day of the week except for Saturday when kids can go to the petting zoo to milk sheep, cows, goats-the typical Norwegian experience. I just always thought it was the coolest thing to look inside the windows and see all the old fashioned furniture and posters and little small knick knacks. But when I look back now I realize how actually creepy it could have been, especially alone at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment